char keith wrote:
I have a paypal account under a defunct email address. My correct email is noted above. How do I access my account?
Hello, Keith. With Paypal, of course, your login ID is your email address. So it might seem that if your email address is defunct, then you have a problem. But in fact, you can still access your Paypal account even if the email address you registered is defunct. The question is, do you still remember your Paypal password?
If you still remember the email address and password, then do the following:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click Profile near the top of the page.
- Click Update next to Email.
- Click Add.
- Enter your new email address and click Save.
- Select your new email address and click Confirm.
- Follow the instructions to confirm your email address.
After you confirm your new email address, you need to make it the primary email address for your account.
- Follow steps 1-3 above.
- Select your new email address and click Make Primary.
- Follow the instructions to confirm that you’re the account holder.
Forgot your password?
If you’ve forgotten your Paypal password, then do the following:
- Go to the PayPal homepage and click Problem with login?
- Follow the instructions to recover your password.
If this doesn’t work, then you might need to talk to Paypal customer service on the phone to confirm that you’re the account holder.
If it does work, then proceed to change your email address as listed in the steps above.